Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pray For Lorin

Written by LeAnn, Lorin's Mom 11/18/08

Last night after x rays of Lorin's chest we found out what we had feared most. The tumors in Lorin's lungs have grown therefore making it hard for him to breathe. This nasty cancer is taking over his body and there is nothing we can do about it. Dr Watanabe talked to Lorin about it and told him he didn't advise putting his body through any more chemo. He is sending us home today with Hospice. This is a very hard thing to face but with the Lord's help I'm sure we'll be fine. Please pray for Lorin not to suffer any more than he already has. He's a fighter and didn't want to go to sleep last night. After midnight he pleaded with us to put him in his wheelchair and take him for a ride. We asked him where he wanted to go and he said "anywhere, just please get me up and get me out of here". We knew that it would be especially hard for him but we did it. We took him down stairs to the cafeteria where he decided he wanted a sprite and lays potato chips. He hadn't been able to eat all day so we got them then took him to a table to eat, but by then he was hurting too bad and wanted to get back to his bed. He never did eat but he thanked us for taking him anyway. We got him settled back into bed but he fought going to sleep until around 3:00 this morning. We had pulled another bed next to him and held him close as I sang primary hymns, letting him know we weren't leaving him and it would be alright. Right now he is still sleeping and fairly peacefully. For that I am so very grateful.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Charilla, each time I get an email of a response that a new post has been made for Lorin I open it quickly. My heart aches for him and his parents. I am sitting her crying for his pain and my own fear of the vegence of cancer. Even I can't imagine what he is going through. My prayers and thoughts are with him. Hang in there.