Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Doctors

Well I guess this is my week for Doctors! Yesterday (Monday) I had an appointment with my family physician for my feet. About a little over a month ago both my feet started hurting real bad, it got to were I was not able to put shoes on. When I called for the appointment I wasn't able to get it with my doctor so I saw one of the other doctors in the office. He told me that I would have to go see a podiatrist (foot doctor), so Thursday morning I see him. After talking for awhile about that, he asked how my thyroid was and it was time to have another blood test done, I said, OK. Then he asked how my diabetes was going and if I had any problems? The look on my face was probably priceless, as I said, "My what!" He said, "You weren't told?" Of coarse not....When was this? (I guess back in October of last year, before my surgery, when I had all the lab work done.) So he said," We will do another one and let you know what it says and then we will go from there. (I am thinking, I am going to change doctors!) #2 doctors appointment was with my heart doctor, and she says everything is looking good and that she will see me in a year unless something else happens. Today I went to my surgeon for my neck. And I got a clean bill of health. I go back and see him in a month just to have an xray to make sure everything is still OK and not moving around.

1 comment:

Melissa Brown said...

I could go on and on about how dumb doctors are sometimes. I told the docs a year ago my son needed tubes in his ears and they just told me to "wait it out." Then i just took it upon myself to take him to and ENT. In 5 min of him being there, they said he needed tubes! I am so sorry to hear that you might have diabetes.But that's great that your heart is good!!