Monday, January 19, 2009

Very Special







Tonight as we were leaving the dinner...my sister in law LeAnn gave Madison something. As we were getting in the car, Madison said,"Mom, this is very special to me." (I thought she did good not to cry, I was teary eyed.) What she got was a Mickey Mouse pen and calculator set, Lorin (my nephew who passed from cancer) got when he was 8 years old for having 100% attendance in school that year, which he proudly kept in the box and kept it in his dresser draw, looking at it often. LeAnn also gave Madison a stuffed bear that was Lorin's and she told Madison that it was Lorin's favorite. It has a bracelet on that says, "You Are Loved". Madison has named the bear, Lorin. Madison loves Lorin so much and is trying very hard to live the same kind of life Lorin did, by following his great example!

No comments: