Friday, April 10, 2009

6 Weeks!


The day most parents are not looking forward too, including me! Is the last day of school and then summer starts...Awwwwwwwwwww! Don't get me wrong, I love Madison and she brings alot of smiles to my face and laughter. But she is also the 1 child out of all my kids that gets bored very,very,very easily! So I am not sure what we are going to do with her this summer. We do have a family reunion in June for a week so that will keep her busy with all her cousins...if any of you have suggestions PLEASE let me know. I have plenty of books,movies,crafts but that only keeps her attention for so long. In our neighborhood there isn't really a whole lot of kids her age...I am trying to find a dance place so she can take dance this summer that isn't to expensive and to far to drive.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Daily structure is what works for me. Jobs and learning time before TV in the morning, and then something fun in the afternoon. Last year we got a smokin' deal on a Raging Waters pass and loved every second of it. Our library has loads of challenges and and they also list free daily events all over town. Dalton has just started reading a ton, he's hooked on the Series of Unfortunate Events right now, and he wants all of the Wimpy kid books. I don't know what girls are into these days, but reading sure takes a lot of time off your hands. I found that the kids had a good attitude about helping around the house in the morning, and they could also be bribed better if you had something fun planned in the afternoon. "After the dishwasher is emptied, we'll go to the park"... Can't wait for the reunion, it'll be fun to see the kids together.